General Knowledge Question Answers 2014General Knowledge Question Answers 2014
1. What is the India’s ranking in the Global Peace Index-2014, published by the Institute for Economics and Peace?
2. Recently, “Gaofen-2” a most advanced high-definition Earth observation satellite was launched by which country?
China China launched the most advanced high-definition earth observation satellite “Gaofen-2”, which could clearly show small objects with clarity in color. It will be used for geographic and resources surveys, environment and climate change monitoring, precision agriculture, disaster relief and city planning.
3. Which among the following cities has topped the list of most preferred overseas destination for Indian traveller according to Hotel Price Index survey?
Dubai UAE’s populous city Dubai has topped the list of most preferred overseas destination for Indian travellers in first half of 2014 in Hotel Price Index survey. As per the recent survey, Dubai has topped the chart moving ahead of Bangkok, which ranked number one consecutively for two years being the preferred overseas destination in the first half of the year 2012 and 2013.
4. BKS Iyengar, who died recently, was a world-renowned ___?
Yoga Guru BKS Iyengar was a world-renowned Yoga guru and founder of the Iyengar school of Yoga. Iyengar was considered one of the foremost yoga teachers in the world and had written many books on yoga practice and philosophy including “Light on Yoga”, “Light on Pranayama” and “Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali”.
5. The “Bardarbunga” one of the largest volcanic systems located in ____?
Iceland Bardarbunga is a stratovolcano located under the Vatnajokull glacier in Iceland. It rises to 2,009 metres above sea level, making it the second highest mountain in Iceland and part of its largest volcanic system, considered to be close to 200 kilometres long and up to 25 kilometres wide.
6. “Sakari Momoi”, a 111 year-old man, who has been recognised as the world’s oldest living man recently, belongs to which country?
Japan Sakari Momoi, a 111 year-old retired Japanese educator, has been recognised as the world’s oldest living man. He succeeds Alexander Imich of New York, who died in June at the age of 111 years, 164 days.
7. Recently, in which of the following countries world’s first green Hindu temple has been opened?
UK A Hindu temple claimed to be world’s first “eco-temple” featuring solar panels and rainwater harvesting system, has been opened in northwest London in the UK. The ornate 20 million pounds “Shree Swaminarayan Mandir” in Kingsbury combines traditional Indian architecture and carving with green technology. It also features solar panels on the rood and rainwater harvesting system.
8. The “Indian Super League” is related to ___?
9. As per the 2011 census, the per capita availability of water in the country is _____?
[A]1450 cubic meters
[B]1454 cubic meters
[C]1545 cubic meters
[D]1670 cubic meters
1545 cubic meters The per capita availability of water in the country is 1545 cubic meters as per the 2011 census.
10. Recently, which among the following atomic power stations set a world record for continuous operation for 740 days?