February General Knowledge GK and Current Affairs 2015
February 1st Week General Knowledge GK and Current Affairs Part 2nd 2015
February 1st Week General Knowledge GK and Current Affairs Part 2nd 2015—-Hello warm Greeting to you our valuable reader. From last day we started weekly General Knowledge (GK) and Current Affairs. Last day we garb for you February 1st Week General Knowledge (GK) and Current Affairs 2015.And today we take another part of February Gk Series which is February 1st Week General Knowledge GK and Current Affairs Part 2nd 2015.The all series of our General Knowledge (GK) and Current Affairs is very important for upcoming competitive exams. Hope you like it.
General Knowledge GK and Current Affairs 2015
- Serena Williams and Novak Djokovic has won the women’s and men’s single titles, respectively at Australian Open-2015. In the women’s final, no. 1 Serena Williams defeated no. 2 Maria Sharapova and in the men’s final, no. 1 Novak Djokovic defeated no. 6 Andy Murray.
- Carl Djerassi, who passed away recently, was the chemist widely known as father of Birth control pill. Carl Djerassi was widely considered the father of the birth control pill. He was most famous for leading a research team in Mexico City that in 1951 developed norethindrone, a synthetic molecule that became a key component of the first birth control pill
3.The Karnataka state has set up a fenced, forested elephant sanctuary
The Bannerghatta Biological Park in Karnataka has set up a 49.5 hectare fenced, forested elephant sanctuary. The project, which is first in the country, has been funded by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) India.
- The Carbon Monoxide, Hydrogen is primary components of Syngas, or synthesis gas. Syngas or synthesis gas, is a fuel gas mixture consisting primarily of hydrogen, carbon monoxide and very often some carbon dioxide. Syngas is combustible and often used as a fuel of internal combustion engine.
- Boll rot is an important fungal disease that has been affecting Cotton crops
Boll rot is one of the major diseases of cotton crop. It is a complex disease caused by several fungal pathogens.
- Lydia Ko has become the youngest world number one in golf history by reaching the top of the women’s ranking
Lydia Ko is a New Zealand professional golfer. She became the no.1 ranked woman professional golfer when aged 17, the youngest player to do so.
7.The Hero India Open tournament is related to Golf sports .Indian Open is the oldest international golf tournament of India, organized by the Indian Golf Union (IGC). It is one of the major events in the Asian PGA Tour. British Open winner Peter Thomson (Australian golfer) was the inspiration behind the commencement of Indian Open.
- The Maranjab desert is located in Iran country. Maranjab desert is located by the city of Aran va Bidgol, one of the ancient desert cities of Isfahan province of Iran
- The only licensed flag production unit in India in located at Hubli place. Karnataka Khadi Gramodyoga Samyukta Sangha in Hubli is the only licensed flag production unit in India.
- Recently India has carried out the maiden canister-based trial Agni-V. Agni-V is India’s most potent missile with a strike rate of over 5,000 km and can carry a nuclear warhead of over one tone.
- The Denver city is nick named as “Mile High City”. Denver, the capital of the American state of Colorado, has the nickname the Mile High City because, at one of its points, it measures 5,280 feet (1,609 m) in height.
12.The venue for ICC Cricket World Cup-2019 is England. England and Wales will host the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 from 30 May to 15 July 2019. This will be the twelfth Cricket World Cup competition, and the fifth time it will be held in England and Wales.
13.The Robert Mugabe has been appointed as new chairman of the African Union. Zimbabwe president Robert Mugabe has been appointed as new chairman of the 54-nations African Union.