GK & Current Affairs October 2014
1. Who among the following has been recently appointed as the Chairman of Future Earth Engagement Committee?
2. India has recently agreed to supply naval vessels as part of military transfer to which South-Asian nation?
3. Which spacecraft by SpaceX, California has recently landed on Earth after completing its mission on International Space Station?
4. In a recent defence deal, India will buy anti-tank Spike missiles from which country?
5. Who has been appointed as the new chairperson of Prasar Bharti?
[B]A. Surya Prakash
6. Union Health Minister has launched a new mission in line with government’s vision to eliminate Tuberculosis from India. What is the name of mission?
[C]No TB Mission 2019
[D]No TB Mission 2020
7. According to a recent UN report six countries account for more than 90 percent of AIDS in the world. Which among the following is not among them?
8. Which scientist had discovered first successful inactivated polio vaccine?
[D]Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen
9. Which state in India has won the Commonwealth Association for Public Administration and Management Award for 2014?
10. The winner of WTA Singles women’s title 2014 is __?
5th ans–A. Surya Prakash
6tha ans–TB-Mission 2020
8th ans-Jonas Salk
for more description about answers see top comments